The idea for this website comes from the winning essay in the Peace Grand Challenge on the subject "Innovative solutions for world peace, 2014-2034." One of the main features of this site is that it is self-improving. This means that it will start out as something a bit rough, with very little content, and it is up to you, as the user, to use the site to create suggestions, argue, vote and volunteer, in order for this site to mature.
See my blog for the winning essay, describing how this site works. For a slightly more in depth article on this project, see chapter 2 of the book, Anticipating Tomorrow's Politics, which is available online.
To summarize, the main aim of this site is Increase happiness and unity worldwide, and the current subgoal, or stepping stone towards the main goal is Increase the number of registered users to 100,000.
We need your help to achieve these goals, and you can help out by doing the following:
- Raise awareness by talking, writing, making videos or sharing articles and videos about this site.
- Learn, and take tests to increase your knowledge of the subjects on this site. The first subject to learn is critical thinking. Once you have mastered it you can move on to other subjects.
- Practise your knowledge by marking tests in your areas of expertise.
- Increase the rank of suggestions that you like.
- Post any suggestions for actions which volunteers may be willing to take, which are not already on the site.
- Give feedback on suggestions in your areas of expertise.
- Vote for suggestions in your areas of expertise.
- Volunteer any services that you can provide.